I'm on UC and work a part-time (PAYE) job. I wanted to pick up UberEats bicycle delivery one day a week but how do I do that if UberEats couriers are classed as self employed?

  1. From UC point of view - let them know about your new self-employment, you'll have a message every month before your assessment periods ends to report your earnings during that period. If you don't have work allowance your earnings will be deducted from UC by 55% taper rate, the same as your PAYE earnings.

  2. You need to report that you are self-employed and then will need to attend a gateway meeting to verify this. You will then need to report your earnings from self-employment each month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Author: admin